[NEO] New Elite Order clan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWebsiteLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cmon guys...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Themperror
Squad member
Squad member
Themperror

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:20 pm

im getting bored lately these days... let me make a map.... i need ideas.....
Back to top Go down
Kix
Admin
Admin
Kix

Location : Plovdiv-Bulgaria,Zante-Greece,Hereford-UK... Currently I live in Copenhagen, Denmark

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:11 pm

Well,here is one.How about a forest with trees.like this:
forest 1
or this one:
Forest 1a-creepy
or it can be winter with snow,like this:
forest 2-snow
and there can be a river and a bridge,like this:
forest 3-bridge
it can have massive rocks all around we can use for cover,like this:
Forest 4-rocks
and maybe a small hill,like this: couldn't find anything Smile
or it can be all of these 2 hills,both surrounded by water and a bridge between the hills(or maybe 2 or even 3 bridges on different levels).There must be path starting from the water and going like a spiral up to the hills(1 on each hill) in case of somebody falls out of the edge or bridge.I think it would be great for team play
And it would be a bit like the paintball we didn't realize Smile
I don't know if it's hard to make it,but I think if possible,it would be very attractive and original map.

C ya later!
Kix
Back to top Go down
http://neo-clan.freehostia.com/
vanvirts
Admin
Admin
vanvirts

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 am

Muahahaha - You shoudl start playing Crysis for these effects! Smile It would be perfect for that Smile It has dynamic rivers and trees and all those rocks, Would be easy to make such map there. Tough man, tough I can honestly say. Not to make it I mean, but to make it good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kix
Admin
Admin
Kix

Location : Plovdiv-Bulgaria,Zante-Greece,Hereford-UK... Currently I live in Copenhagen, Denmark

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Crysis,ha? Rolling Eyes Maybe I will can try it SmileSmile
So what you are saying is?You don't like the idea or not easy to create such map for HL?

Later!
Kix
Back to top Go down
vanvirts
Admin
Admin
vanvirts

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:16 pm

i like ur idea, pretty much, but its hard for half life. the map making is more for buildings not nature that's the problem. but ask Themperror i'm sure he can do soemthing cool. although we can look on fps banana for something like that.
Back to top Go down
Themperror
Squad member
Squad member
Themperror

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 pm

hmmmm This is going to be VERY VERY hard for me to make...
especially tree and water and bridges and hmm :S

this is really going to take maybe a month or 2 to get it good i also have to find tuts to teach me some stuff and all... im on it but... dont suspect to see anything soon within 1-2 months
Back to top Go down
Themperror
Squad member
Squad member
Themperror

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:51 pm

and btw ... crysis is a really cool game.. my computer can handle it on max everything and its beautifull... but thats reallllly beyond the limits of HL2... also im going on game design as my career which i learn to create games and programs and stuff its going to be a tough 4 years but i will do it Smile

also im still on secondary school XD my final year.. then i have to do i think 1-2 more years for the level of education for the neccesary reqs for the game design career so its about 6-7 years for me to go... (hope my awesome computer will last that long)
Back to top Go down
vanvirts
Admin
Admin
vanvirts

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:40 am

oh wow Themperror! You got a long way to go mate! But I admire that you know what you going to do already! Smile Sorry if I was tough on you about making the maps, from now on I'll be very very very tough on you mate! So you won't make silly mistakes anymore Razz. But from now on I'll be explaining you all in very details mate. I was into making games you know for some time. But I could never really make it happen, was too much work for one man and too little time. Smile
Back to top Go down
vanvirts
Admin
Admin
vanvirts

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:46 am

But Themperror is right, trees, water and all that is not good for hl2dm Kix, the reason is bad gameplay anyways and it ill lagg, oh it will. Plus roots will be as bumbs and so on. Water won't be dynamic.

Crysis is a very good game, the graphics are really great really, but the Deathmatch in Crysis sucks so much I can't explain how bad it is. And maps suck bad arse!!! The whole thing of invisibility is teh worst thing in Crysis Smile Basically I din't liek it, very slow paced game. and NO GRAVITY GUN!
Back to top Go down
Kix
Admin
Admin
Kix

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Themperror...I can wait...Yes,I can.6-7 years,no problem lol!
Anyway,that's why I said it's just an idea Smile
You know me guys,I know nothing about making maps and managing the server stuff,that's why I'm not helpful at this Neutral
But... Idea
Vlad and I have a surprise for all of you guys.Don't ask,no don't!!!When it's time,you'll find out Smile It won't take longer that a few days,I guess.
I also must go back to one of my main obligations here-the forum.It was long time ago when I gave up making new rank logo designs and I better sit down and finish them and will do...soon... SmileSmile
O'right,gtg now Smile

C ya l8r felas!
Kix
Back to top Go down
vanvirts
Admin
Admin
vanvirts

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:06 pm

I think they'll make a new half life 3 in about 3-4 years haha. That will definetly be a state of teh art game as always, My guess we should all start saving money for a new super bupper mupper pc or a whole NASA station to play it. Just think of all the calculations u have to make to be able to play through an atomic destructive weapons, mutation weapons, paralell reality jump gadgets and space thrusters for catching bullets muahahaha.

p.s. Themperror - do u do programming? I mean u do any of it? My guess is u need to know it atleast a bit to do game design well.
Back to top Go down
Themperror
Squad member
Squad member
Themperror

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 pm

im only 15 :O im very into it though... i had some days i was searching for a program and tut to teach me... but didnt find anything
Back to top Go down
Themperror
Squad member
Squad member
Themperror

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 pm

im gonna hack half life 2 then XD and edit the engine and change the graphics and and... alot more.. its gonna look like crysis XD
Back to top Go down
vanvirts
Admin
Admin
vanvirts

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:53 pm

First of all, there's so much stuff u can learn from that saying u looked for it and didn't find means u r careless.

Here's a full list of all 3d engines in the world.
http://www.devmaster.net/engines/

Here's the best and easiest engine u can have a go at:
http://www.devmaster.net/engines/engine_details.php?id=256
I advise it because it has 30 days free trial and it is easy to buil d crysis like game with it.

Have a go - if u can't do it, don't do gamedeveloping. if u can, go ahead mate.
Back to top Go down
Themperror
Squad member
Squad member
Themperror

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:24 pm

hahahahahahhaa.... ur going really hard on me... im still 15!! when im about to LEARN and start my game developing career im about 20-22 years old... i still have a long way to go.. just saying im interested in it...
Back to top Go down
vanvirts
Admin
Admin
vanvirts

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:49 pm

At your age I was already quite a good designer and painter. The thing is I wish i was a good programmer. But creative side was always toooo easy for me. Now at age of 26 I've tried learning programming, I said to myself: Vlad: this is fucking insane, u don't have the time nor attitude anymore.

If you want to be in game business u better start now, coz you will always be good if u start as a kid. It will be in ur blood. But if u start late, u might never learn. older u get, harder it is to learn.

Also I advise Blender.org as a main 3d application for modelling. Version 2.5 is coming soon and it will be owesome. Its a 3d program u might know, but what u might not know is that it has built in 3d game engine. its liek Having 3dsmax to do games! Smile
Back to top Go down
Themperror
Squad member
Squad member
Themperror

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 pm

im not into drawing or modeling (though modeling is kinda cool) but im more of a ye'know... scripter.. i want to work with C+ and C++ (java is kinda boring) also i love to do other more game like jobs like for example testing or making collision work or the physics or such stuff

imagine the things you can do with C++..... u can hack any program there is with the right amount of time and study
Back to top Go down
Themperror
Squad member
Squad member
Themperror

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 pm

i have good ideas for games too though Smile but im off to bed now.. so cya tommorow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cmon guys... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cmon guys...   Cmon guys... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cmon guys...
Page 1 of 1